Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The sky is the limit...


I was surfing the net today, looking for some interesting article to post here, and I came across this new development Xerox patented a few days ago:

Xerox Develops Silver Ink for Cheap Printable Electronics
(PhysOrg.com) -- Xerox has developed an ink which can be used to print circuits onto plastics, films, and textiles. Although circuits printed on flexible materials aren't new, Xerox's method may be cheap and easy enough to open the doors to many new possibilities for flexible electronics.

I believe the possibilities are huge. My daughter is running a fever right now and she hates it when I use the thermometer to messure her temperature, so I was wondering: What if I had a T-shirt with a built-in thermometer? That would be great!
What other applications can you think about?
And BTW, for all of you chemical engineers, here is a short video where they explain how they are able to melt silver at a very low temperature.

Here is the link to the article posted by Xerox, in case you're interested in reading it from the source.

2 comments:

  1. Well from this we can clearly see the evolution of technology. I mean to have something upgraded So much from its original prototype model is simply amazing! What I also like about it, is since this has actually been around for a while, it gives its company higher authority since its company has focused on this specific product for quite a while already. Technology as we know it today has gone beyond advanced and to some of us, beyond the knowledge that we may even grasp!! But, to the younger crowd or to those who are still computer savvy, technological advances are really impressive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I`m surprised by the electronic book reader. I want one!!! It is fantastic and I'm also pleased with it because of the trees, I mean, with this technology advance the use of paper will decrease and then the cut of trees what is really good.

    ReplyDelete